Vital Resources : Make a Go Kit for vital resources in case you have to evacuate your building.
Go kits are made to assure that your employees will be safe and have what they need in case of an emergency or evacuation order.
A “Go Kit” Should Include:
- Backup of critical files on a thumb drive or other media
- Quick reference card with instructions for shutting down systems before evacuation, if necessary
- Extra equipment or a quick reference card with a list of equipment to be evacuated
- Staff contact list
- Flashlights and extra batteries
- First aid kits
- Dust or filter masks
- Moist towelettes or hand sanitizer
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Battery powered radio with extra batteries
- NOAA Emergency Alert Radio with extra batteries
Think about anything else you may need when relocating your critical operations. Consider what could be pre-positioned in your alternate facility.
Your Go Kit will need to be updated periodically. Make it part of your annual inventory, or another process that you do regularly.